For the practical part of this article, we shall quote from the #eulora logs :
lobbes ok, I was able to get this working on my local devbot, letsee if this works here. Testing...
lobbes !Qauction 2mn 2 Demo Auction
lobbesbot AUCTION # 1 STARTED by lobbes: Demo Auction Opening: 2mn coppers Ending: 2017-02-07 10:18:54 UTC (2 hours)
lobbes !Qauction 4k 4 Demo Auction 2
lobbesbot AUCTION # 2 STARTED by lobbes: Demo Auction 2 Opening: 4k coppers Ending: 2017-02-07 12:19:48 UTC (4 hours)
lobbes !Qbid 2 5mn
lobbesbot AUCTION # 2: Demo Auction 2 Heard: 5mn from lobbes Ending: 2017-02-07 12:19:48 UTC (3.99026459278 hours)
lobbes !Qauctionlist 2
lobbesbot AUCTION # 2: Demo Auction 2 Opening: 4k coppers Highest Bid: 5mn Ending: 2017-02-07 12:19:48 UTC (3.98393601222 hours)
lobbes !Qauction 20 5 Demo Auction
lobbesbot AUCTION # 3 STARTED by lobbes: Demo Auction Opening: 20 coppers Ending: 2017-02-07 13:21:51 UTC (5 hours)
lobbes !Qauctioncancel 2
lobbesbot AUCTION # 2 was cancelled by lobbes
lobbesbot AUCTION # 1: Demo Auction Opening: 2mn Highest Bid: No bids Ending: 2017-02-07 10:18:54 UTC (1.94675836583 hours)
lobbesbot AUCTION # 3: Demo Auction Opening: 20 Highest Bid: No bids Ending: 2017-02-07 13:21:51 UTC (4.99592494611 hours)
lobbes okay, seems to be working!
lobbes I'll be watching to make sure the 'announce-each-hour' and the 'resolve outstanding auctions' calls are happening as expected.
lobbes I'll post a commands list to the help later this week (off to bed), but basic commands are as follows: !Qauction <opening> <duration in hours> <lot/item string? ; !Qbid <auctionid> <amount> ; !Qauctioncancel <auctionid> ; !Qauctionlist <no args> will list ALL active ; !Qauctionlist <auctionid> will list the info for that ONE auction, regardless if it already expired
lobbes ^ mircea_popescu, et al
mircea_popescu lobbes and by the way i'm all for your monetizing this. charge people 200 ecu / hour for successful auctions and 1k ecu/hour for auctions that end with no bids to cover for the cost of spamming the channel, and you can keep teh proceeds.
Suppose later on someone else wants to maintain the bot. Evidently he will have to buy the privilege from lobbes, which will conceivably cost more or less depending on how inclined lobbes himself is to continue operating his landed estate. And yes there's some escheat involved, to keep things running smoothly, but outside of rebellion, treason or shocking incompetence my incentive isn't to intervene.
Privilege, you understand, in exactly the feudal meaning of this term. Feudal tenure was historically based on grants of the foncier, which modernity translates as "land" but historically simply means font, as in source. Ie, the king grants the ruling class license to draw from the well of life, in exchange for specific performances and other obligations. That's what feudalism is, and guess what ? It is entirely compatible with capitalism, in any saneii understanding of that term.
Add to this the discussion of DNS as a general conceptiii and the future world order becomes quickly evident. And yes, obviously the enemy will attempt to challenge my control of names, as it's been attempting for a lengthy while. As the saying goes, "that wedge will not prevail"iv.
- 10 stacks TPF at 1.1 mn ECu plus 1 stack WWB at 5.5mn ECu. [↩]
- Which is to say, in any understanding that excludes socialism. [↩]
- As carried in the TMSR forum, or for that matter as transparent from the bot spec for instance. [↩]
- In the example given, wedge #1 ("but mp, in order to use item x you have to do y") directly resolves to "but mp, you are not sovereign", which is laughable. Wedge #2 ("but mp, if you truly are sovereign you will be alone") is, from experience, also laughable -- we're not merely discussing the sad case of the talented mr Kocevar but also the happenstance that more people read Trilema than the fake news establishment. And have. For a while. Add to that #3 here, "but mp, if you call him Bahamas he doesn't thereby become Bahamas", something along the lines of "I think I know how to spell my own name" and you have a cvasi-complete picture of the standard playbook of socialism going forward. [↩]
- Provided you can read it somewhere, which in female societies is altogether dubious, they're too preoccupied with their idle gossip to be maintaining any sources.
Anyway, let it be clearly stated : the "atrocity" of Hitler's Germany destroying the "future is female" female states of the Jews, or Gypsies is no departure from either natural law, historical norm, or the conceivable. On the contrary, it is very conceivable, entirely normal and absolutely lawful. It was how and why the process started that ended by burning obnoxious nags at the stake in New England -- with the female state of Languedoc, at the time the most highly urbanized area in Europe, populated by dorks who abhored war and killing, and the eating of meat, and etcetera.
There is, to be perfectly clear, no place and no future for that. Not in this wolrd ; likely not in the next either. [↩]