I re-read the whole seti in preparation for this item, I'd say it's quite informative, and besides -- how things have changed!
As passed through the many years (which in our world count above decades, almost on par with whole heathen centuries), the list now stands as
- Her Ladyship diana_coman, Marquess Eulora,
- Her Ladyship hanbot, the Lady Falconeer,
- His Lordship trinque, the Master of the Rolls,
- His Lordship bingoboingo, Lord Goebbels,
- His Lordship mod6, the Lord High Steward,
- His Worship danielpbarron, the learned Trishop,
- His Lordship mircea_popescu,
- His Lordship asciilifeform, the Lord Admiral,
- His Lordship ben_vulpes, the Lord of the Well,
- His Lordship phf, the Lord Chancellor.
- His Lordship lobbes, the Lord of the Auction House.
- His Lordship spyked, the Lord Crypto-Alchemist.
- His Lordship ave1, the Lord Logiciel.
That'd be thirteen, which I suppose makes the obscure titular reference somewhat more justifiable, if marginally so. In any case, as to proposals :
- I don't believe danielpbarron can continue on the list. It's a matter of belief, you see -- the fellow fails ye olde fiefdom criterion by not actually doing anything all day long, and the court criterion by having enwebbed himself in such a mess of irrational (not to mention counterproductive) saecular commitments that I can't imagine a sort of dispute in which his word would carry the sort of weight befitting a lord of the Most Serene Republic. Can you name a topic, situation or circumstance on or in which you'd seek DPB's perspective ?
- I suspect both the Republic and ben_vulpes himself would be best served by his being removed into trinque's house -- as Marcus Porcius once observed, "I'd much prefer the citizens should wonder why I was no more than a knight rather than wonder why I was so much as a lord". I am bringing this up mostly seeking comment from the very parties involved, for myself I have no intention to push the matter, at least not this time around.
- In a similar vein mod6 is going through some dubious times, but if nobody strongly objects I suppose it'd cost little indeed to merely look at the matter again next year.
- Contrary to last year's sarcastic sendoff, the new lords worked out quite well! If it works, don't break it -- so how about we expand our rolls to include bvtii! Maybe he could be the Lord Verschlimmbessert ?
- Mocky would have made a stellar addition, in my considered opinion ; but as he's hit a bit of the same tarpit beleaguering the other lordsiii, it may be wise to postpone elevation for a year ? I quite readily see both ends of this coin, however, so let's say I'm simply going to throw my support behind whichever path the fellow himself prefers : if he wants he should be raised this April, I'll support it, and if he'd rather be raised next April, I'll support him then.
- I will not support nicoleci's accesion this year, she is yet crue. Maybe next year.
The lordship is cordially invited to affirm, reject, discuss, reconstruct or otherwise interact with the (conveniently numbered for convenience by the department of redundancy department) items, or even add some of its own! The comment box below warmly, eagerly and batedly awaits this, and nothing else!———
- 24th of April, Year 7 : A new Lordship List ? ; 9th of February, Year 8 : The Lordship list, third year. ; 31 March, Year 9 : The Lordship list, fourth year. ; 28 February, Year 10 : The "Rivers of Blood" article, or -- The Lordship list, fifth year. [↩]
- blog, log, wot. [↩]
- People like esthlos presumably disappeared by sinking in there too ; it's not clear to me what became of billymg, but I'm guessing a touch of ye olde reading. [↩]