Contrary to ill-meaning, thrice cursed, running dog intimations to the contrary of this here contrary, my previous proposals were actually carried and became law, as reported by Mike's excellent tool :
|Rating||To||To Avg.||To Count||To Rank||Timestamp||Notes|
|1||cazalla||1.1||16||464||Apr 27, 2015||#bitcoin-assets||1||danielpbarron||0.0||43||2,335||Apr 27, 2015||#bitcoin-assets||1||trinque||1.7||15||337||Apr 27, 2015||#bitcoin-assets||1||mats||1.1||10||766||Apr 27, 2015||#bitcoin-assets||1||hanbot||2.1||16||233||Apr 27, 2015||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||mthreat||1.3||8||832||Aug. 12, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||fluffypony||1.7||40||109||Aug. 12, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||dignork||1.4||17||363||Aug. 12, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||mod6||2.0||27||137||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||punkman||1.0||22||362||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||davout||2.1||22||159||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||artifexd||1.3||8||830||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||diametric||1||3||1,886||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||chetty||1.8||8||601||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||pete_dushenski||1.1||18||439||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||thestringpuller||1.9||15||297||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||mike_c||2||15||277||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||jurov||1.9||38||95||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||bingoboingo||1.7||35||119||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||nubbins`||1.7||27||163||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||asciilifeform||2.1||21||173||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||ben_vulpes||1.7||30||148||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||mircea_popescu||2.0||112||16||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
|1||kakobrekla||1.9||79||37||April 11, 2014||#bitcoin-assets|
Changes to this were contemplated, as follows :
To remove :
- Artifexd. Proposed by ben_vulpes, I support the idea. The fellow hasn't been around in a long time and isn't running any TMSR infrastructure.i
- Chetty. Unfortunately she expired and well... that's that.
- fluffypony. The fellow is, and has been, and for all anyone can see will indefinitely continue to be doing his own thing, with complete disinterest to anything or anyone else. This is neither good nor bad - it is pointedly irrelevant, and as such he really has no place in this list.
nubbins`. Nice fellow, of the bourgeois persuasion. He minds his beer and his paper orchards, and shares a joke occasionally. Should be invited to parties but really can't be a lord lest his presence confuses the noobs.withdrawn over the lord's spirited defense.
Even with these changes there are some names which similarly don't meet the fiefdom criteria, with varying degrees of court involvement. I would seriously consider supporting deletion of these the next year ; with the exception of dignork and diametric which I might support as it is.
To add :
- phf, as proposed by ben_vulpes. I see merit in this proposal and support it.
- diana_coman, on the grounds of her very active work with Eulora. She is not generally very active in courtii, so I will readily understand if the peers pass on this proposal at this time.
I believe a number of other fellows would make good candidates for next year's update - I won't name names, but I would softly propose that in general people who haven't been around for a year or more should not make the cut for that consideration.———
- The logic is that there are two principal items which make a lord : presence in court, and actually holding title to a fief. This ancient tradition readily maps to our present situation : the court is #bitcoin-assets in all its resplendent glory ; a fief is that thing which you do for victory.
Should be probably repeated, lest it is forgotten under a layer of the grime simple minds secrete in tandem with carbon dioxide and the other products of cornute respiration : being a lord is not an empty honor, but the honor of recognition, by your peers, for a useful purpose. If you aren't doing anything you broadly speaking can't be one, and if you are one it is upon you to show up in court and help settle matters (and in the process help the other lords understand you and predict your future moves). Rare exceptions of quiet lords were known throughout history, and to no detriment of either their clan or their sovereign, of course. [↩]
- 174 lines over the past year would count for a lot anywhere but here, of course. [↩]