Motto : How does it feel ?
How does it feel!
To be without a home...
Like a complete unknown...
Like a rolling stone ?
Do you realise by the way that google searches for Tell me, how does it feel (no quotes) don't even return a mention of Bob Dylan ? Not anymore ; it's just a buncha youtube nowi, all kind and manner of "The Rapsody - The Idea Of Beautiful", "Blue Monday - New Order", "52nd Street" and etcetera inept nonsense I'm not even going to listen to. Because I do not care. But anyways : many years ago I was complaining nothing actually interesting ever gets discussed on blogs. I wasn't the only one, either.
Wellii... how the hell would it feel ? I don't fucking know. I woke up this morning, I made myself a cup of cocoaiii, which I don't think I've done in two or three years. It's not some kind of meaningful ritual, either, I don't recall "what was then". I don't think it "was" anything, I just made myself some cocoa is all. With it in hand I'm going through old Trilema articles, not looking for anything in particular, just... the filter that used to keep everything laser-focused on "the task at hand"iv, "we've no time to lose", "gotta do it, and well, and fast" etc has relaxed a notch or three. There's plenty of time now to leisurely read evidently unrelated articles that happened to catch the eyev.
I don't think there's anything wrong with that, either. Not to put too fine a point on it, last week I spentvi a little under 21k words upon 1800s authors and it resulted in The Buller-Podington Compacts ; 23k or so words on #trilema logs, and it produced... what did it produce ? What was made ? Figure it out and tell me sometime ; meanwhile I've watched some films and left some comments, talked to women in private, it's not like I didn't do anything since crossing the ocean yet again, for the fifth time in this lifevii. I did plenty, but of that plenty the B-Pc rewrite figures as one of the better pieces I've even written (and maybe the Baudelaire thing isn't terrible either), while the rest doesn't meaningfully figure at all. A great many things we never had, you remember how that went.viii
But anyway, back to the point (as much as this was ever possible on Trilema) : it feels great to write ; I've always liked it very much. And what else is there ?ix
Permit me to apologize if my feelings disappoint ; they are however the only ones I have.———
- Yet somehow average joe dweeb doesn't point and laugh at this, "seriously google, you found youtube among all those billion sites ???". Must be because youtube's ever-so-relevant, I'm sure.
For the record, as far as I know all youtube's good for is the provisioning of bad arrangements. The only times it ends up included in my searches is when I'm taking all comers for a decent arrangement of some tune, because then it doesn't seem it'd do to be exclusive. Youtube reliably provides the absolute bottom of the pile, every time, which is why I've kinda started skipping it. [↩]
- It should be interesting, this, no ? "What's the man feel the morning after having pronounced dead the mere possibility of a free world" ? You recall this thing from before they tore down that wall on Clinton's orders, unleashing the worst flood of socialism no Marx or Engels ever dared dream of. Do you ? Do you recall it ? The "free world" ? Reagan spent all he had on hand to "make the world safe" for us, today, and look that it's not so much a matter of it not being safe -- it's rather a matter that there's absolutely no "us". It hasn't been fifty years! How'd you like them apples ?! [↩]
- Absolutely fucking splendid stuff here, until you've had Britt's cocoas you've not lived. [↩]
- In this case, I'd like to find an article to link above, on "I was complaining". I know which it was, "ce as vrea sa vad pe bloguri" or something like that, "blog de aviator" it said and things. I'm not currently finding it, but whatevs, maybe I will (so far this is a decent substitute, because that's the one great thing about Trilema, you're rarely dependent on a single node, most of the time alternatives are readily available). I'm pretty sure Diana also had a piece discussing the tedium of "blogging" as done by "bloggers", ie the same people who "write software" and "protest" etcetera, it's not like nobody else afore noticed the utter disinterestingness of every socialism's ever bug-man. [↩]
- Like Ce n-as dori sa mai vad pe post de bloguri and I guess Profesorul si minora or Functia asiguratorie a blogului or Requiescat si circulati or Dreptul de-a ne rezerva clientii... there's really no shortage, I could probably spend a good chunk of the rest of my life merely rereading Trilema. Besideswhich perhaps I should, too, if nothing else then to fix the trackbacks, link selects, log references etc. Maybe I even will.
- Yes, it's an expenditure, every word you read is a wordread you spent, there's only so many in a day or in a life and they ain't ever coming back. [↩]
- First to Boston, then from San Josy back to Yurp, then to Buenos Aires, then from Bogota back to Yurp, then yet again back to the New World. Five times in a lifetime's truly excessive, don't you think ? [↩]
- Speaking of which, this edifice, impressive (from a distance) as it stood was nevertheless a collapsing ruin for a long time now. Holding the random nigglets pululating through Paris on the fateful day Notre Dame finally joined the choir invisible responsible for the event is a little Dreyfuss-ian. That thing had been falling down since before 1848 at the very least, forget about it, the current set of Algerians, Tunisians &c didn't "do it" anymore than their parents did. The happenstance that it finally happened to shed the ever-hollower pretense to existence just as they were walking by doesn't make them actors in the great drama of human civlisation allovasudden, you know ? [↩]
- Tell the truth, you were half-fearing this'll anounce switching to Spanish, weren't you. I'm not about to, I don't like Spanish enough. On an equal basis Romanian is actually a lot stronger, not because I speak it (I speak Spanish, too) but because it actually is (I suspect the Russian influence). Spanish has the advantage of much stronger medieval literature (no,
contemporarymodern stuff's not worth burning directly, let alone reading first), but ultimately what difference is there between two junkies, the grandfather of one having been a Union general while the grandfather of the other having been a Confederate nigger ? They're both junkies (and no, Romania hasn't been anything but a plantation nigger since long before there even was such a thing as a plantation -- it's true that at some point illo tempore they chose the successor to the Sublime Porte by force of arms ; but it's also true they chose the wrong one). [↩]