There's going to be an update Wednesday, the fruition of many months of toil in the depths of the very miserable legacy codebase. Changes of immediate interest to players are likely as follows :
- The ECu will float ; meaning that all cash holdings will increase tenfold ; and all qualities of all items idem (and of course the output of such items as the Golden Goose, yes). Henceforth, one Satoshi buys 10 ECu.
- As hinted in the channel, Electron will receive a large shipment of Coarse Frangible Threads.
- Storage will be found at Heina (Electron has a different storage, you can use either/both).
- Overweight is bad news.
- Removed 9`999 stack limit, knock yourselves out.
- Traffic (packets and KB) is now metered, and in the future will be actually charged.
- New characters get a fixed name, and can't be deleted any more among other changes in new character generation.
- Merchant can be used to produce change now, among many changes on the trade interface (such as -- can trade containers).
- Full names for players everywhere.
- Tighter server-side movement controls on characters.
- Some various crafting edge cases fixed, and added better signalling of item quality throughout the GUI.
- Guilds, friends, and item consumption temporarily offline -- if you want to learn skills do it NOW because you won't be able to do it after Wednesday until we put it back in.
As they say, a dozen should be enough for everyone. See you Wednesday (update at the usual time, shouldn't take more than an hourish or so if all goes well).