A CV is normally made by people aspiring to a better job, and generaly very badly written.i I don't actually contemplate ever taking a job in those termsii, but a memorialization of high water marks over the past decade may perhaps be interesting.
June 17th, 2009 : Sent a complaint to Romania's central anti-corruption unit, stemming from an ~$1.5 mn embezzlement by a Romanian Academy member. After a protracted battle he retired. The crime itself was never prosecuted. Amusingly enough, the "intellectual" press was in consensus before that date that "someone should do something", and after that date that "how is this possible!"
August 11th 2009 : Introduced a Romanian digg. Unlike the original version (or the stuff that overtook it meanwhile), fain actually worked. It was for a while and by very far the largest referrer in .ro, ahead of any "press" or anything else. It was for a while the only way Romanians could actually make money online (actually, as opposed to hopefully). It also was by very far the first source of Bitcoin for that particular cultural island - and in fact people taking their gains out in Bitcoin cca 2011-2012 made more than all the history of Romanian mining combined.iii
July 8th, 2011 The Romanian Education ministry is, among other things, required to publish the results of the national exams (they work in Romania like they work in France), for which purpose it had retained the services of a known government leech (Siveco). A week after the exam and days after the results had been published, the online version still did not work (like that obamacare site, exactly). A few of us banded together and published the whole archive. Somehow, magically, Trilema could deliver the pages to an immense audience, whereas a site made "by professionals" out of millions in public spending could not. This was followed by detailed statistical massaging of the raw data (for instance : by gender) leading to the very embarassing situation (never publicly admitted) where the minister was reading Trilema and wondering outloud as to why his employees can not deliver the same stuff for his own use.
August 2011 Started work on what was to become the only Bitcoin stock exchange. For a while this was denied under the guise of "alternatives" (all, meanwhile, dead), but currently this is unrecognized on the pretext that Bitcoin companies "don't exist" anyway. Because that is, as has always been, the way idiots deal with the splendour of this world.iv
- September 2nd, 2011 : Forced the release of the Wikileaks unedited cable archive, through publishing without authorisation the subset of those cables relating to Bucharest. After a day of pretending, Wikileaks caved and (without mention) made the whole archive available on their site. Their original plan was to publish the usual Greenwaldized bowdlerization.
January 24th, 2012 : Published a report on a major loss of Romanian credit card information, affecting roughly half the population. As a direct result, a number of officers were dismissed or replaced on January the 28th. The story was at the time blackballed in the Romanian press, which never apologized or, for that matter, admitted.
- October 6th, 2012 : Published the binding ruling on the subject of "regulation" of Bitcoin by impudent agents without a Serenissima commission. This is still the reference point on the subject today.
- April 3rd, 2013 : Saved Bitcoin. Actually.
- June 2013 : Felt like designing a game so started a game publisher. IPO collected ~10k BTC.
- October 5th, 2013 : Published plain statements as to the true nature and actual function of the Tor network - dismissed at the time by the more naive members of the public as "unproven". Meanwhile, they've been proven.
- March 6th, 2014 : Published a manual for interaction with alleged authorities of rogue states, which ran through the gamut of what should be required of them. The why became apparent later.
- January 5th, 2015 Shot in the head CIA's principal asset in Bitcoin. It was not without warning. Next time, obey when I warn. If you do not, I will kill more of your own. No, you will not be "ready for it", like you weren't last time. See here.
- March 17th 2015 : Lost a bet.
And that should do, I'm bored with it. Note that this is not an exhaustive list by any means - in fact, I doubt it even captures half the material. I'm also probably not going to bother with keeping it up to date at any sort of predictable intervals - I generally have better shit to do.———
- No, there's no automatic insurance against bad writing, not as a piece of software, not as a piece of paper saying you "went to college", not as anything else.
Bad writing is not equal to bad spelling, just like "never saying nigger" is not equal to "the opposite of ignorant, racist or prejudiced". Just like saying Holy Mary a lot won't get you into heaven. Just saying. [↩]
- If you don't know why you'd want to work with me in any field you necessarily don't know enough about that field to work in it at all. [↩]
- Whenever you feel a pang of stupidity gnawing at the deference you owe your betters, think about this important historical happenstance : the main reason the country of Romania even has any Bitcoins is one particular individual. Not a government, not a corporation or association, not "crowdsourcing" nor anything else.
Exceptional individuals certainly can be more than whole countries. Whole countries generally don't amount to much. [↩]
- As a quick note : there are worse crimes than Holocaust denial. For one thing, most of the people who care about the Holocaust are either old or dead - the people who care about MPEx are the people you will have to beg jobs and indulgences off of in the coming years. [↩]