So you'd think that's the end of the story, the delusionists just stride into the sunset, never to be heard from again. Seems reasonable, except...
Except that's not really what happened. Let's look for a moment at a few historical bets on BitBet :
- BTC network hashrate will exceed 1,000 TH/s before December 14th 2013
- Started peacefully enough back on August 1st, with house odds 4:1 against. It made.
- BTC network difficulty tops 52 million by end of August
- MtGox Bitcoin USD Exchange Rate >= $200 Before End of April 2013
- Huge No exposure for most of its 8 month lifetime (started March 27th). It also made.
And of course, everyone's favourite,
Eye popping, isn't it ? Currently even odds. The question before you, of course, is which side did the delusionists fall on. I tell you honestly I can't call it.