The art of making friends and influencing people versus Stockholm Syndrome
The Stockholm Syndrome is the name given to the occasional behaviour exhibited by neotenic adults stuck in a democratic environment to create strong bonds with individual actors behaving on republican lines in spite of the latter's outrageous misconduct and to the degree of forsaking the comparatively weaker links binding them to their democratic environment.
The foregoing paragraph is written in an ideologically neutral framei. As such it is probably incomprehensible to the vast majority of English speakers in its present form. Let us try to construct a democratic translation, first by giving out the vocabulary, then by trying to patch it all together meaningfully. Bear in mind that patience is the prime quality of the hermeneutii, and for as long as you're reading Trilema that's exactly what you are.
- Neoteny is the keeping of infantile features in adult individuals. The most commonly studied kind is physical, because it turns out that neoteny plays a major role in male partner choiceiii, which has the squicky side implication that pedophilia marks not a difference in kind from the normal adult, but merely a difference in degree : all males are attracted to typically infantile features of the female (larger eyes, distant eyes, small nose, small mouth etc etc), it's the pedophile that actually favours the whole package.iv
Neoteny is not necessarily limited to physical features however. Currently, a large minority with perhaps a view of soon becoming majority of English speaking adults exhibit psychological neoteny, the sad state wherein their body has long reached maturity while their mind is still continuing adolescencev.
- A Democracy is any society predicated on the notion that agreement among people enacts reality. As absurd this may sound on the face once plainly stated, it nevertheless is what it is.
- A Republic is any society predicated on the notion that a body of fact and knowledge stands as reality, and the purpose of human society is the fitting of people to that, no matter how violent, painful, inconvenient and so on. The exact body of fact and knowledge, as well as the methods through which it is derived and constructed, as well as the methods through which the agreement of people to reality is imposed upon people distinguish many different kinds in practice, from the wanton religious fundamentalisms of Islam, cutting bits and parts off vulvasvi to the equally wanton "secular" theosophies of socialism, be they implemented by Stalin, Mao or Obama.
Now possesed of correct definitions, you're suddenly able to make sense of otherwise nonsensical observed reality in your environment, such as "why do the Republicans absurdly oppose abortion ?!" or "why do the Democrats absurdly imagine their agreement enacts nonsense a la Global Warming ?!". Certainly, this is why.
Moving on, let's try and construct an understanding for the topic we started with. The concept is named for the town wherein some people held hostage in a botched bank robbery emotionally connected with their captors to the degree of (outrageously) aiming to protect them from harm, but this is in my opinion a misnomer - it should have been named for Patty Hearst. This is of course too embarassing a case for the democracy to considervii, which on the balance of things is probably an argument.
Anyway : Patty Hearst was a millionaire bank heiress - so not impoverished by any standards, but quite on the contrary the prime recipient of Pericle's "all good things flow into the city". Young, pretty and rich, that's the peak of what democracy has to offer, is it not ? And yet, upon being picked up by a violent gang of criminals who behaved as if they lived in a republic, she so enjoyed their treatment of her that she reorganised her internal mental state so that she too was now living in their (imaginary) republic. And went bank-robbering with them!
The fact of the matter is that democracy is particularly weak, and only survives as a state of affairs for as long as the people are extremly intellectually lazy. This is due to the fact that the less communication exists in society, and the less interest for matters of any import or substance, the less likely it is for the agreement process to enact nonsense as democratic "reality", and so democracy may longer survive.
In practice people are extremely lazy and disinterested in communication for just as long as they are overfed and oversheltered, which puts democracy in this absurd situation where it has to feed and engage in play-communication larger and larger cohorts of utterly worthless peopleviii. The way this degenerates in practice is that a shadow republic emerges, in the business of producing the means of keeping the outward democracy going, by somehow acquiring the loot to feed all the sleepers, and creating the ever more complex toys which they may use to fake communication.
This system works quite well for as long as the shadow republic manages to keep a solid grip on sources of revenue so as to finance the entire nonsense, but it rapidly collapses just as soon as the party is over. The threat republicanism poses isn't particularly marked when the representatives of the republic happen to be isolated, fringe elements that will carry with them all the various maculae of being isolated, fringe elements. Even if one or two adolescent girls may throw their thoroughly soaked panties on the stage in a rageix, it's generally trivial to subdue a few overexcited criminalsx, even for the uniformly incompetent bureaucracy of courts and "law enforcement".
However, when you get to the point that MP says quite plainly things like
It is important to note that unlike the case of fiat companies, for Bitcoin companies it is a fact well established through both practice and legislation that there exists no outside authority which may in any way influence any aspect or facet of their business, from accounting to taxation.
and companies like 23andMe plainly ignore the FDA, much to the latter's chagrin and despair, when you get to the point where health insurance and state pensions are unfinanceable and food stamps go through weekendlong outages the talents and efforts of the shadow republic are doomed. Even if there's only three of us and there were three billion of them, their efforts are doomed, because life is a race, and they're trying to run while dragging a huge backpack full of bricks. The maintenance of the outward appearance of democracy is a draw upon resources of such magnitude, and the problems any attempt at discontinuing the appearance so significant that there's no serious question of continuation in the present format : it's not that we don't want to or want not to, it's that they're out of breath.
Pseudo-democracy, that "government is thinking about all the things so you don't have to" abomination that is the present day Western World is dying with the nonsense that spawned it in the first place, and we're building a new thing. A thing which will NOT include any democracy whatsoever, for as long and inasmuch as democracy continues to be defined in the patently absurd sense described above.———
- To be fair it also rests atop of a rather complex theoretical structure. [↩]
- One who strives to comprehend unintelligible texts spelled out in long forgotten languages. The only trait that distinguishes the hermeneut from the average citizen is that the former accepts this reality, while the latter either has no idea or else struggles in denial. [↩]
- Contrary to what you may have been told, females do not choose their partners in human society. This is not a cultural norm, but quite a biological arrangement, at the very most females being able to choose how many competing advances to submit to. (Often enough even "how many" is actually set by cultural norm, thus removing any semblance of choice from delicate female hands.) [↩]
- For an interesting in-depth discussion on the topic, see the Epifania cu pedofilia article. [↩]
- Or, in some particularly sad eggregious cases, puberty. Take, for instance, the story of "Amy" as described by Brooke Donatone :
Amy (not her real name) sat in my office and wiped her streaming tears on her sleeve, refusing the scratchy tissues I’d offered. “I’m thinking about just applying for a Ph.D. program after I graduate because I have no idea what I want to do.” Amy had mild depression growing up, and it worsened during freshman year of college when she moved from her parents’ house to her dorm. It became increasingly difficult to balance school, socializing, laundry, and a part-time job. She finally had to dump the part-time job, was still unable to do laundry, and often stayed up until 2 a.m. trying to complete homework because she didn’t know how to manage her time without her parents keeping track of her schedule.
I suggested finding a job after graduation, even if it’s only temporary. She cried harder at this idea. “So, becoming an adult is just really scary for you?” I asked. “Yes,” she sniffled. Amy is 30 years old.
- You know, the external part of the female reproductive apparatus is NOT the vagina. The vagina is on the inside, that muscular tunnel the penis pleasurably goes into. The outside part, clitoris, clitoral hood, selection of labiae etc make up the VULVA. Not the vagina. Not the vajayjay, vag, etc. The vulva. [↩]
- Democracy is easily embarassed, all you need is to factually contradict some topic on which the host is falsely in agreement. This is perceived as particularly dangerous, because obviously one case implies all cases and soon enough the entire system is laid to waste.
As a sort-of interesting sidepoint : I discovered while researching for the 4th note above that indeed google returns that article (alone) on a search for "site:trilema.com epifania cu pedofilia", however it returns no pages on a search for "site:trilema.com pedofilia". This seems a little strange, you'd expect if the former matches one page then the latter would match at least that one page. Then again it may be accidental, which is why I mention it : if it's not too much trouble would you be so kind as to check and report the results ? [↩]
- Worthless in the sense that without the infrastructure of organised democracy keeping them going, they can't on their own as much as do laundry, or procure the means and ways to ensure their own proper burial. [↩]
- Have you seen cocksucker blues, incidentally ? That was too soon, by the way, that's why they were stars and you'll never be a star, it has nothing to do with the music and everything to do with the status of being a sane and balanced representative of the republic in the middle of a democracy that hasn't yet exhausted itself. [↩]
- Well, "criminals". The problem of defining what that means has a good chunk of ideology baked in. [↩]
Wednesday, 4 December 2013
the american overlords have deemed trilema to be unrelayable filth: google returns for me nothing on either query.
Wednesday, 4 December 2013
What if you search for "site:trilema epifania" ? (Reference).
Wednesday, 4 December 2013
site:http://trilema.com epifania √
site: http://trilema.com epifania cu pedofilia X
Thursday, 5 December 2013
Funny how that works out.
Sunday, 8 December 2013
it has to do with the filtering of the 100.000 words google and microsoft agreed upon (child abuse policy)?
Sunday, 8 December 2013
Possibly. To quote the chan,