Conveniently located in Iro IX - Moon 6 - Ishukone Corporation Warehouse. The convenience stems from the following considerations :
- There are two L2 Security agents here. For a new player just able to fly a battlecruiser class shipi L2 missions are actually more efficient a use of time than L3ii. There's also a L4 Mining agent one jump away (and a L1 Mining agent too, should you need a little standing top-up to talk to the L2 guys).
- Ishukone has the best research agent in the entire game : Tuotoh Kanaari, doing 336 RP/day in Caldari Starship Engineering, Graviton Physics, Hydromagnetic Physics,
Molecular Engineering and Quantum Physics. They also have the 2nd best L4 R&D agent (Ya Alhunaya). It's true Lai Dai has more of these L4 guys doing a little less RP/day, but the deal breaker is they have no double L2 agents in any system.
- Iro is just far enough from Jita to allow for good trading, while it's just close enough to make travel there even multiple times a day reasonable. What's more, it's reasonably close to a large number of region edges (about nine various regions are within 20 jumps) which means you can work the markets to your heart's content. There's decent mining available all the way to Kernite (and indeed Fiery Kernite is a common enough sight in Iro's belts) in the system itself as well as in the surrounding areas.
I'm working to get a station up so we can do our very own research, too. So, if you're in EVE drop by and say hello! And if you own S.MPOE shares you get 1 share in the corporation for each 1`000 S.MPOE shares you own, no questions asked. Claim ingame!———
- Such as the Ferox, IMO better, or the Drake, arguably just as good. [↩]
- Consider the Gurista Extravaganza mission as a good case study. With a decently tanked ship (something over 15k shields + some reasonable hardening) you should be able to solo this in something like three hours (provided you know you'll need the Guristas Palladium Tag in advance and bring it along). The net for this is about 3.5mn in agent rewards and kill bounties, another 2mn or so in LPs (counting them at 1k each) and something to the tune of 5 to 10 mn in loot (as an average, sure, you occasionally get substantially more but as you do missions it averages out). This is maybe 12-13 mn for 3 hour's serious work, barely four million an hour. You could do more mining in a Venture.
On the other hand doing L2 missions on a ship with 6-7 guns/launchers you should be able to one shot pretty much everything. The rewards per mission come on average to about a shade under two million, which means if you do two an hour you get about the same net benefit. This not counting the part where your ship is absolutely never at risk from the rats, even if you AFK, not counting the part where you can take it easy and enjoy the game, not counting the part where doing more missions actually means more faction with the corporation and with the state, which in the end means more ISK for you through the fee reductions etc.
Now add to this the benefit of doing double L2 missions (which half the time end in the same place, such as Abai or Nehkiah) and suddenly you can do about six an hour if you really push it, or more than double the ISK you get from L3 singles. [↩]