I have an announcement to make.
mircea_popescu !ticker s.mpoe
assbot [MPEX:S.MPOE] 1day: 0.00060866 / 0.00062191 / 0.00063703 (2516188 shares, 1,564.85 BTC), 30day: 0.00048504 / 0.00053022 / 0.00063995 (99764148 shares, 52,897.21 BTC)
S.MPOE issued a total 1 billion shares, and so on the 24 hour max pricei S.MPOE total market cap is 637`030 BTC.
mircea_popescu !ticker s.dice
assbot [MPEX:S.DICE] 1day: 0.0018 / 0.0033162 / 0.003695 (787254 shares, 2,610.69 BTC), 30day: 0.0018 / 0.00337604 / 0.003695 (5616990 shares, 18,963.22 BTC)
S.DICE issued a total 100 million shares, and so on the 24 hour max price S.DICE total market cap is 369`500 BTC.
mircea_popescu !ticker s.bvps
assbot [MPEX:S.BVPS] 1day: 0.0067 / 0.0067 / 0.0067 (5 shares, 0.03 BTC), 30day: 0.0022 / 0.00319428 / 0.0067 (181982 shares, 581.30 BTC)
S.BVPS issued a total 1 million shares, and so on the 24 hour max price S.BVPS total market cap is 6`700 BTC.
And now let's add things up : 637`030 + 369`500 + 6`700 = 1`013`230 BTC.
That'd be the announcement : MPEx just surpassed 1 mn BTC in total market cap listed. Sure, 30 day averages paint a slightly different picture (871`018 BTC total), but this is in general a good sign : it means it's growing.
This is a first. This is a big deal. To understand quite exactly what big a deal it is, let's consider that 1mn BTC is ~5% of all the BTC that will ever exist, and close to 10% (a little over 9%) of all the BTC currently in circulation.
Comparison time : there's anywhere between 10 and 15 trillion dollars in circulation. NYSEii total market cap is about 15 trillioniii meaning it's about ten times as large as MPEx in relative terms. LSEiv and TSEv each have a total market cap of about 3 trillionvi, which makes each of them about twice as large as MPEx, in relative terms. In other words, MPEx is about as large as the Deutsche Börse.vii
We're getting there.
- assbot answers as 1 day min/avg/max price (share count, BTC volume) 30 day min/avg/max price (share count, BTC volume). All averages are volume-weighted. [↩]
- New York Stock Exchange [↩]
- And volume about 20 trillion, which makes for an interesting comparison : MPEx volume is roughly 100`000 BTC a month, meaning the market cap / yearly volume proportions are remarkably close for the two entities. [↩]
- London Stock Exchange [↩]
- Tokyo Stock Exchange [↩]
- And yearly trade volume about half that for LSE, about 2/3 that for TSE. [↩]
- And for what it's worth, Romania's Stock Exchange is around 0.01 trillion, meaning that my baby is two degrees of magnitude larger in BTC than the combined efforts of twenty million conationals over two decades are in fiat. Heh. [↩]