You too can become a customer, provided :
Note that Bitcoin ISP does not offer any sort of shared servers : no VPS, no "cloud", no bullshit. You will be getting bare metal (with a Linux flavour of your choice preinstalled if you wish), root and IPMI/KVM credentials and that's basically it. Note that Bitcoin ISP may be able to offer support, on a case by case basis, but you shouldn't rely on it. Either be a competent sysadmin yourself, hire your own sysadmin independently or ask in #bitcoin-assets, plenty of people there willing to do work for hire on a per-project basis so it's unlikely you won't find any.iii
Note that Bitcoin ISP exclusively works with datacenters and providers that explicitly advertise their willingness and history of disobeying "rules", "laws" and assorted derpage - what is commonly known in Internet parlance as "bulletproof" hosting. While this provides a reasonable basic layer of protection that you may rely on if you are in the right, and that will readily sink the sort of spurious claims random Internet scammer with a budget is often seen to make, it does not constitute an open ended license to do absolutely anything may cross your mind. If what you are contemplating is of dubious legality according to one or more pretend-sovereigns of the fiat kind, it behooves you to ask. If you simply proceed without asking, you run the significant risk of damaging your reputation with the only entity that matters in the world today, which is Bitcoin, The Most Serene Republic Of ~.
In any case, Bitcoin ISP will be publishing a monthly report at the end of this month, after which arrangements to be listed on MPEx will be made. See you on the tubes!
PS. If you consider your legitimate interestsiv harmed or unfairly hindered by the activity of someone hosted by Bitcoin ISP, your only avenue is to voice your concerns in #bitcoin-assets. This does require you to have a WoT registration. The world had been on notice that it must be duly registered in the WoT for a long time now. You are not an exception, no matter how much you wish to think yourself exceptional.———
- Soon to become a Bitcoin registered company, trading as S.BISP on MPEx. [↩]
- To check, put your name in the 2nd box and click "Trust To". [↩]
- As the expression goes, "if you can't find what you want, either you didn't want it hard enough, or you tried to haggle over the price". [↩]
- Note that this is strictly different from your "legally defined" interests. We really don't give a shit what the pretend-sovereigns do or say, and we do actually have the means to enforce this. If you are indulging the delusion that you can go complain to your "democratically elected national government" about the activity of wilful subjects of the Most Serene Republic, you are facing the following gamut :
- your soi dissant sovereign is more than willing to fleece you, so you will pay through the nose for his "services".
- your soi dissant sovereign is neither actually sovereign nor is he able to actually do anything effectual, and so he won't.
- you will likely piss off one or more Bitcoin people, and that right there's the end of your future.
If you are interested in actually obtaining redress, such as it may be available, rather than wasting your meagre resources on the altar of propping up the position of a dead entity in a battle it's already lost, you will follow procedure. [↩]