Overall trade 1`034 contracts, of which -1`020 +0 Call, -9 +5 Put.
Revenue : 7.53514473 BTC, of which :
- contracts sold : 6.18921077 BTC
- contracts exercised : 1.345933968 BTC
Expenditure : 10.8135616 BTC, of which :
- contracts bought : 0.00530399 BTC
- contracts exercised : 0.02850761 BTC
- capital expenses : 10.77975 BTC (95.82 × 11.25%)
Loss : 3.27841687 BTC
Revenue : 1`889.16717424 BTC, of which :
- Revenue from sales fee : 59.16717424 BTC (Total trade : 29`583.58712021 BTC)
- Revenue from new accounts : 1`830 BTC
Expenditure : 88.262335 BTC, of which :
Profit : 1`800.90483924 BTC
Total shares : 1`000`000`000, of which :
- Mircea Popescu, 838`159`714 shares,
- Third parties 161`840`286 shares.
Total dividend : 1`800.90483924 BTC.
Total capital : 392.35 BTC, of which :
- 1D7YtrxnyK3ug3Rvp9jX66T8kVzWww9Jr8 95.82
Loss applicable to bond capital : 3.27841687 BTC
Loss per BTC : 0.03421432.
Possibly the best month in history on a pure % basis for MPOE - 7.53514473 BTC made on 0.0338116 BTC spent comes to 22`285%. Then again there's the thorny issue of interests to contend with. Ah, if only the scouring of the moneylenders from the temple had stuck.
This month offers a very interesting dichotomy. News of the OpenBSD deal caused an abrupt rise in S.MPOE prices, and a major inflow of inquiries from people considering perhaps opening an account. A few days later, the misfortunes of yet another confused kid caught in the woodchipper that is the USv sent the share price tumbling - in the process erasing about a hundred thousand Bitcoins' worth of new wealthvi, and forcing the unwinding of various derivative deals on the share price and whatnot. The same event apparently also had another, contrarian effect : it perhaps coallesced many of the inquiries into actual paying customers.
This may seem a little strange, as customer and investor would seem to be facing the same risk the same way. All that aside, the moral I myself detach from this experience is that government is generally a mechanism for transforming CSR into revenue.
This is a provisional statement. Will become definitive February 3rd, 2014, noon GMT.———
- One time expenditure supporting OpenBSD. [↩]
- One time expenditure, related to the closure of the ROTA system. This completes that debacle. [↩]
- Currently this means BitBet. [↩]
- As described in March 2013. Fortunately the exchange rate took most of the edge off it. [↩]
- Remember Aaron Swartz ? [↩]
- Which, paradoxically, makes me the worst hit by Shrem's arrest in all of Bitcoin, arguably worse hit than Shrem himself. [↩]