Somehowi the entire "global warming" set of bunk ended up a topic on #bitcoin-assets, which resulted in otherwise intelligent dubs falling all over themselves into a pool of their own ridicule on one hand, and also in me reading stuff I wouldn't normally have bothered to read such as Eric Steven Raymondii's two year old article on the topic (which incidentally isn't bad in the Trilema sense of that term, which is to say more on account of the comments than on its own strength).
The strange property of the clueless which has them fall all over themselves into a pool of their own ridicule seems particularly stable, perhaps to the degree of it actually being usable as a marker. Consider the following comment :
Libertarian mindset 101: If you do intellectual work which seems to suggest the need for policy controls on human activity, then you are — wittingly or not — a purveyor of a pernicious viral meme complex instigated by the KGB to undermine the American political and economic system. Honest intellectual work — by definition — supports and reinforces the libertarian dogma.
(It certainly can’t be because the libertarian is a purveyor of a pernicious viral meme complex instigated by the propertied elite to perpetuate the status quo and secure and consolidate their power base…)
On the strength of the context in which it was presented, one would suspect this comment is intended to somehow show that stupidity is sense and sense stupidity, I presume. Otherwise, I can scarcely see any sense in it. It is certainly the case that any intellectual work which suggests nonsense is, wittingly or not, a purveyor of pernicious evil. It is just as certainly the case that honest intellectual work, by the very definition of the terms work and honesty, strictly supports and without exception reinforces libertarain dogma (if you wish to call it that, sure, why not).
These are points of fact, it's not some sort of hypotetical proposition or anything. For instance : when you're broke, any intellectual analysis of your situation will indicate you need to earn more, and spend less. Any analysis that - through any means whatsoever - arrives at any sort of different conclusion is either not honest, not serious or neither honest nor serious. Similarly, when you're fat, any intellectual analysis of your situation will indicate you need to burn more calories and ingurgitate fewer calories. Any analysisiii that - through any means whatsoever - arrives at any sort of different conclusion is either not honest, not serious, or neither.
So yes, indeed : any honest intellectual work, inasmuch as it's honest, and inasmuch as it's actual workiv will reinforce the "dogma" of sanity. This is pretty much true by necessity, by definition as the original author says.
Moving on to the paranthesis... again : yes of course! Of course it describes the ideas of the people who own shit. This is exactly what it would be : those who succeed explain to those who fail why they fail and what to do to succeed. What the hell else would you expect, what the hell else could it work like ? If Earl Appleseed who's never been to the Big City wishes to know what exactly to do to fit in there, is he to ask the opinion of the guy who lives in the big city or should he indeed ask the opinion of random schmuck with a Lenin beard thing and round glasses that also has never left Schmuck Town ? What do you figure, eh ?
The entire "argumentation" of the retard hinges on you somehow imagining that "landed gentry" ended up landed gentry by sheer accident, as if obgyn clinics consist of conveyor belts going right in between the legs of delivering women and carrying the babies through some random spinners until they fall in the large Poor vat or in the smaller Rich bucket. Pure chance all the way.
This obviously is not the case. Rich people are rich because they're not fucking stupid.v Poor people are poor because they are fucking stupid. It's not anything else but them themselves : they're defective, principally in the head. They're lesser people. That's why others have more and they have less : because others are more and they are less. That's it.
It may be the case someone stupid is born rich. It happens all the time. It also may be the case someone smart is born stupid. It happens all the time. Literally, every single time, all the time. Rich people don't stay that way if they're stupid, unless supported by some sort of socialismvi. People also don't stay stupid unless oppressed by some sort of socialism (so the stupid rich may be created).
Blessfully we are at a time in history when we finally have the tool to completely dismantle and thoroughly castigate the statal edifice of stupidity. This is, incidentally, why I'm so uninclined to accept any sort of negotiation that might make Bitcoin more palatable to "the government", as that notion is currently misunderstood. Bitcoin is here to end such misunderstanding.———
- Somehow as in, I disdainderrided some random retard's ideas on how to improve financial reporting. Said ideas went something along the lines of "Companies should assess in advance random arbitrary burden the socialist governments of the world might impose on them, because why not". A sort of "Jews are to disclose to the camp guards the cuantified health risk of their living in the camp", and if you think about it not too far off from the actually implemented "If you report to your customers that they have to pay more because we hiked taxes we will prosecute you" stuff the Aussies are currently involved in. [↩]
- He's the cathedral/bazaar guy, or the Hacker Lexicon guy, whichever you prefer. [↩]
- Yes I do mean any in the Kantian sense of any. Absolutely universal. Before you even dream of telling me how you're "big boned" or "alternatively metabolistical", consider that of all the Jews treated at Auschwitz there existed exactly zero cases of big bonedness or alternative-metabolism that somehow survived starvation, because they magically got juicy and fat "no matter how little they ate". You don't recall any suspiciously obese guys in the Russian pictures of the sad surviving lot, do you ? You don't, because it just doesn't work that way. Thermodynamics, I mean, it just doesn't work that way. Which is why thermodynamics is a science and US-centric pseudocultural blather is not. [↩]
- Rather than you know, posturing for the purpose of exploiting the masses. [↩]
- Or at least, not as fucking stupid as the poor people. Which, given the situation today, is actually a much looser criteria than the original. [↩]
- Which, in the broad sense of this article, quite exactly means anything whatsoever in any way different from the sanity "dogma", either through being dishonest, or lazy, or both. The various braindamaged ideologies that work at collecting pennies from the mass so that some random schmuck may pretend like being rich may be attained even by the stupid. [↩]