People have been of course asking since the day the Cardano was announced, almost three weeks ago. We, by which I mean mostly Mr. Datskovskiy, have been hard at work in the interval to try and get an idea of exactly how much will it cost (or, perhaps better put, how much will it not cost!). Here's a spurious pic of the prototyping bed used :
So now on to the good bits. There are a few statements we can make about the future producti :
- The unit size will be approximately 4 x 3 x 1 inches, give or take an inch.
- The unit will be encased in clear acrylic, held together by four common Phillips screws. This will allow easy enough access to the user serviceable parts inside (battery, socketed eeproms etc).
- The unit will have the NSA logo laser-etched into the surface, cause we got a laser and we ain't afraid to use it.
- The per unit price we are currently contemplating is 0.35 BTC.
- Customers buying three units get them for 1 BTC total. They also get a pair (M + XL) of NSA t-shirtsii as a bonus. All prices include regular mail shipping.
Here's the NSA t-shirt, graciously modelled by Mr. Nubbins (could you tell ?) :
Doesn't it look cool ? Don't you want one yourself ? Hm ? HM ?———