A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data
I don't have the time or the patience to handle inept outfits that can't manage to set up a mail server such that it works. Yet for some reason people that usually make sense insist that MPEx should actually be bothering with the "traditional press" (you know, quelli morti di fame who used to print nonsense but currently find themselves reduced to "online versions" that as far as I can discern nobody reads). I have no idea why, but looky that I'm not quite as stubborn as everyone thinks : I will do things that make no sense to me because people I respect insist. Rarely, but it can happen.
As you can see from all that bias, I'm not exactly the best person to be doing this (not that I have the time, either). Consequently, I am hiring (anotheri) PR. I don't care if you're a person or a company, I don't care where you live or what you look like. You won't be expected to show up at the office, you won't be given a desk, a car or a phone.
All you have to do is get MPEx mentioned in the press. You will not be paid for anything other than this : getting mentions. Personal blogs do not count, random sites nobody heard about don't count. As a general rule with few exceptionsii, unless it used to be a widely circulated newspaper before 1990ish it's a waste of your time. Actual print mentions are ok even though the links aren't clickable : I will send copies of the issue to my mother to bother her.
You are free to negotiate your rate, and if you can show ample and convincing proof of previous success in comparable endeavours you may even obtain a retainer. Contact me via email. You can be starting as soon as right now.
To get what we're talking about straight :
- MPEx is one of theiii more profitable Bitcoin businesses, having net income distributed to shareholders of a shade under 15`000 BTC last year.
- MPEx is the largest listed company in Bitcoin, currently market cap a little over 600`000 BTC.
- I am scary and mean. In spite of that, I will be available for interviews with reporters that have done their homework. I am also honest. I won't pay anyone to lie about anything, and that goes double in the case at hand. On the flip side, anyone can write whatever they want : as long as it's true I don't care if it's unflattering.iv
PS. This is not by any means limited to English or any other particular language.———
- I already have someone pestering the nice folks over at bitcointalk. The results, as pretty much anything happening on an Internet forum, consist of mostly lulz. You'd think that as Bitcoin is the only virtual currency entirely backed by lulz this'd make me exceedingly rich. It doesn't. [↩]
- Get me in the Drudge report, I'll buy you lunch. Multiple times. [↩]
- This point is difficult to establish seeing how pretty much nobody reports anything. [↩]
- I absolutely do not wish to see mindless copy written by people who clearly haven't spent five minutes on the topic for their own educational benefit, the sort that paid spots usually yield. As another general rule of thumb, if the person you're talking to is willing to publish what you yourself write, you're wasting your time and likely will get yourself fired. [↩]