Everyone knows ads are propaganda, but what happens when you have an ad for propaganda?ii While you sip your first Guinnessiii and try to figure out why China's government can only ever shut down onceiv, you can ponder this ad:
The only reason you haven't spit nitrogen bubblesv on your screen is I haven't shown you the other half of this outstandingly accurate abomination. You should get yourself a towel and another drink.
Intelligent people like to tell each other that they aren't liberal or conservative but independent; that Fox and MSNBC are biased and can't be trusted, that partisanship, "special interests" and "lobbyists" have destroyed Americavi; in essence, that they are not ideologues but practical, reasonable people who just want the system to do what's right. Then you ask them what exactly "right" is, and the yelling starts.
Intelligent people, like racists, are fluent in describing themselves in opposition to what they are not, but ask them to define themselves by what they are, tell you what they do believe in, and they're lost. They have opinions on issues, sure, but ask for an overarching ideology and their face botoxes. Overarching ideology? Only people with manifestos have ideologies, not having an ideology is the whole point of being independent, the only thing they deal in is "facts" or "reality", and gun to head if they believe in anything it's "science."vii Not physics or chemistry, but evolution. You know, whatever ideologues hate.
I phrase it this way not to insult a group, but to show you how very easy it is to brand identify a group, because when a group becomes a demo it loses most of its freedom of action and becomes baa baa black sheep. Do you want to see the consequence? Turn on CNN.
"The government shut down just shows that our government doesn't function correctly!" That's one interpretation, the other is that when a car starts to smoke, you pull over and fix it, you don't keep going 'till it explodesviii, though I recognize the explosion makes for better TV. What you're seeing is the ordinary back room realigning of interests and powers, but this time trying desperately to hide from a voyeuristic media that caters to a demographic, i.e. you, that believes that never more than three at a time colorful but poorly understood #issues will eventually get us to Mars. "We shouldn't go to Mars." You got your wish. Off topic, speaking of Mars, here's an interesting thought: if things proceed as per y=mx+b, then the entire human race of the future interstellar diaspora will all be Chinese. Huh. What do you know, Star Trek was way off.
Americans, by which I mean a populace propagandized to the Left or Right or Middle, cynically believe that "wanting to get re-elected" or arrogance or ideology is what's to blame, as if 500+ career Machiavellians are too stupid to know what an underemployed theater grad knows. "They should just do the right thing!" Who will let them? You?
The shut down was the inevitable consequence of a government not permitted to compromise, smothered by the oppressive gaze of a kamikaze media that will kill itself and your country just to get a headline today. I'm starting to wonder if the reason it is always pretty white girls who get kidnapped is that the media is the one kidnapping them. And you blamed Bear Stearns for being too focused on short term profits? CNN's time horizon is your next micturition. The media demands partisanship, conflict, opposing sides, but despite having 24 hours to fill will never, ever explain the interplay between complex issuesix, preferring to feature them in segments while hyping them to a crisis. Imagine trying to have sex always on camera, and always with a goat, and always with some know-it-allx screaming at you, "get hard now! NOW! 8 seconds left! NOW! What's wrong with you?!" Jesus, can I take a minute and do this privately? "Transparency!"
If Senator X "makes a concession" the relevant media will proclaim him a loser and a coward, they don't want representatives, they want cage fighters. There's no reward for compromise and there's no safe place to attempt it, either. This is 100% your fault, "I can't believe how stupid these people are!" It's great how you can't find employment but have time to micromanage the U.S. Senate.xi #outrage
If you want to know what political career disaster looks like, have an infinitely leggy ex-sorority girl in flesh toned Manolos sitting behind a glass table in perfect lighting announce to 50% of America that you were beat by an old woman from California or an old man from Ohio. "Ha ha, what a cuckold! Back to you, Kent." You blame Congress? They are the ones who "don't get it"? When a representative democracy gets crippled by what amounts to a 3x3 magic square, it's not that they can't figure out the solution, the solution is easy, the answer is 15 and the five is a gimme, we just need someone to dare allow himself to be filmed putting the 1 on the left or the right or the center so we can finish the other 13 numbers and go bomb Syria. "Wait, what? I don't understand." Yes, that's my point exactly.
I'm not saying the shutdown isn't a real problem, only that if the news came out only in weekly format, this particular shutdown wouldn't have happened. Or, said differently, if there was a government shut down at a time when the news came out only weekly, it would mean we were getting a new flag.
All of what is now being subverted by the media has been detailed in The Process Of Government, you should read it. But you won't, it has too many characters, and this is accurate no matter how you define characters. Come on, at least read Chapter XX, it's online. Jesus, here. "Umm, It's pretty boring." I know, I know, you want to know how the news relates to you, and boy oh boy do I have the news network for you.
"But that book was written in 1908. Based on what I've seen on Downton Abbey, things were a lot different then."
Well, yes, obviously, there had just been a massive leap forward in technology and industrialization, a booming economy fueling a wealth gap, temporarily course corrected by a financial panic "precipitated" by the failure of two overspeculating brokerage houses. There were also, simultaneously, great advances in progressive causes like worker's rights and food quality, all on the background of decreasing importance of religion among educated whites in favor of science. Not physics or chemistry, but evolution. Tabloids were incomprehensibly popular, partisan media the norm. A loosening of conventional morality manifested as bored promiscuity, female bisexuality, and a flood of new porn the likes of which never existed before.
"That does sound different. And awesome. What did their Millennial kids inherit, what did they experience over their adult lives, say 1929-1945?"
I totally don't know, Boardwalk Empire only goes up to 1924 and Mad Men starts 1960.xii
The problem with blaming the shutdown on Congressional partisans is that the partisans on either side know exactly what they want.xiii When there are specific things you want, compromise is usually possible.xiv
The public in the middle, however, don't understand politics, only emotions given to them by TV, and so their beliefs are cobbled together in real time, improvisedxv, as they get "more information." One trending topic at a time, each vacuum sealed to prevent cross contamination.xvi They don't look at things historically, culturally, humanistically, or even selfishly, there exists no system for interpreting "the facts." Compromise becomes impossible, as a simple example, when a "moderate" "thinks" there should be more restrictions on guns, they want gun owners to give up something they want very much -- in exchange for nothing. "But it's the right thing to do!"xvii And the yelling starts, in HD.
Worse, they proudly announce their lack of ideology by branding themselves as Independents -- capital I, a thing, a demo. He willingly lessens his independence to become part of a group.xviii
The "independent" demo actually has all the textbookxix characteristics of a group most susceptible to propaganda, more correctly "pre-propaganda", and by textbook I mean literally Propaganda.
They consider themselves leaderless. They can have representatives, they can have "evangelists" but they have to believe that their conclusions are all their own, through individual reflection and objective consideration. Interestingly, and on purpose, they believe their brains can handle such an analysis, any analysis. This isn't arrogance. They are told, by universities and the media, that their mind is prepared to do this heavy lifting as long as they are given just the right facts, filtered from the "noise." "Where can we get the right facts, in a world of liars?" Good question, maybe the news?
Commonly, independents have a single personal issue, say gun rights or abortion, but no personal experience with other issues, and lacking any subjective starting point, they therefore believe that ONLY objectivity will give them the truth. The less life experience they have the better; the less they've seen of the world, the fewer people they've argued with (in person, where it is real and has real consequences like punches), the less frequently their water balloon worldview is tested by people with pins, the more they will cling to the premise that "facts" are what's important. In this way the one personal issue serves as a reference point which the propaganda exploits: "hey, gun advocates, did you know you like low corporate taxes?" I do? "Yes, because the people you hate are for raising them." Consequently, raising corporate taxes is felt like an attack on the Second Amendment. "Liberals! Taking away our rights!"
But sometimes the complexity of issues is just overwhelming, once in a while reality creeps in, and issues are discovered to be massively complicated, and anyway he has no power to do anything.
No doubt this sounds depressing, he's going to start drinking heavily, or become a cynic, or go the Hemingway. So the media=propaganda fosters his regression towards a much desired solution: total alienation. The media explains how things relate to him, and as long as he understands what's going on, he feels empowered. He is given an ideology without even knowing it. Now he doesn't actually have to do anything, indeed, it's way the hell better if he does nothing. All that's required is support, and through his support not only will "the right things" happen but he'll share in the credit.xx
You'll counter that there are right leaning and left leaning independents, isn't there a difference? but this misses the point: propaganda doesn't try to get you to believe something, but to do something, and in this case it is to do nothing -- it doesn't matter what you choose to believe, as long as your outrage is done from inside your house.xxi
This is the whole gimmick of media, not polar but triangular, right, left, middle, mobilizing an army of assonauts to feel strongly enough about something that they don't do anything.
I already knew that "independent" was a group looking for representation, what I was surprised by is how fast "independent" became a mainstream brand demo. Here is page 2, and 3, of Time Magazine:
The first and most immediate observation is that Al Jazeera assumes its American target demo is stupid, very stupid, because here we have what is most certainly a college graduate who considers herself in need of unbiased, objective, independent news -- yet she is still reading Time Magazine, as her main source of in depth news. Rana Foroohar balanced by Fareed Zakaria, two wrongs can make a right, and "it's somewhere in the middle." She has decided that the problem with her understanding of the world is that she just needs better intel. Yes, she will say intelxxii, it sounds more objective.
In order for the Time reader to have formed the quoted thought two other thoughts had to have occurred already, which in itself is astonishing, here they are: 1. She's figured out that all American news is biased, she's sick of the partisanship, after all, it doesn't brand identify her.xxiii 2. She thinks that more objectivity is to be found at Al-Jazeera America.
Why would she think this? Because she's stupid? Actually, yes: the culture you know least about has all the answers, which is also why the Guinness ad hypermale in pre-season Special Olympics has chosen to tattoo gigantic Chinese characters on his arm to explain his ennui to himself. "It's a chinese proverb, 'That what doesn't kill me make me stronger.'" I hope to God a bus tries to make you stronger. Off topic, as a sociological metric, you can track a chinese person's first level of alienation from his culture by his branding himself with English-word tattoos; but you will know that all the chinese has been media powerwashed out of him when the he starts getting Chinese character tattoos. "It's because I'm Chinese," he'd explain, to which you would not dare reply, "yeah, I kinda figured." To which he will then not reply, "I mean, I know I'm genetically Chinese, but I don't really feel Chinese, but this signals that I'm part of a symbolic China more authentic than the actual China of my parents which I feel no real connection to, yet I know I'm supposed to feel the connection, it's not like I can go around pretending I grew up on Waltzing Matilda."xxiv To which you will not add, "It's not entirely your fault, you didn't live through a war like your parents and grandparents did, and anyway modern China resembles the U.S. far more than it does symbolic China. Technically, you're alienated from your parents alienation, but neither are you connected to Americana either, the white girls/boys seem out of reach, there's a frivolity you can't really empathize with, jobs other than Law, Medicine, Science are unreal, and you feel like you're always looking at everything from an outside that itself has no firm location." And he'll blink, confused, "truth be told, my only real association to chinese culture is my parents screaming at me that I'm not as good as 'real' Chinese. What can be done?" I don't have an answer for you, the good news is that when you finally find the answer that works for you, your kids will be too old to care.xxv
Al-Jazeera America is trying to call itself "objective", but right in the ad is the brand reveal: she doesn't want objectivity, she wants subjectivity explainedxxvi to her, she wants to know how the news relates to her. She wants to know: how can I, an organ donor in Sector 3, be part of the global community now that my husband is boring and my kids prefer their individual LCD screens?xxvii The media wants her to have an answer, after all, do you know how many Nielsen ratings that family generates, how individualized is the data? It's not the quality of the news at AJA she likes, but how watching it makes her feel smart, unique. She's not going to watch Fox, MSNBC and AJA, right? Only one of those, but AJA brands her as out of the mainstream, unique, open to other opinions. "I like to get my information from different sources." I assume that includes twitter, 140 characters and an appeal to authority and you're good to go at the Starbucks.
To be clear, I'm not at all worried Al Jazeera is going to secretly convert this woman into a jihadistxxviii or spread misinformation and disinformation. I have no doubt Al Jazeera will be as objective as CNN, after all they took Soledad O'Brien from them to signal that very point.
So when I say AJA is (pre-)propaganda, I don't mean it won't be accurate, I mean that its purpose is to prepare its demo for a certain way of life.xxix Of course everything I've said applies to any American media -- except that Al Jazeera offers something else the American networks don't or can't. If you want to know what Al Jazeera is really offering, take a look at its aspirational target demo:
Not pictured is a white guy in a suit, because he already has media that's for him, and it's probably Fox, and the above four people hate it. That's powerful branding in America: in opposition to what you hate.
Women and minorities may not seem like an aspirational demo, but it is -- not for actual women and minorities necessarily, but for people suffering from tremendous ennui who want to be part of a struggle, something bigger than themselves.
They feel, without fully comprehending this to be true, that the only reason the American media is so partisan and loud and angry and urgent is because nothing really important is happening.xxx Yes, there's a countdown clock on CNN for Debt Ceiling Armageddon and I guess Kanye West is headed for the asylum but it's all boy who cried wolf blitzer at this point. She heard, like you heard, that the NSA is monitoring us, and you know what? Meh. Though it was interesting when it was on The Good Wife. This isn't to say things are going well, it is to say they are degrading boringly. Like the above woman's marriage.xxxi
This is what Al Jazeera promises her, not objectivity, but a connection to history. Our big crisis is... whether [we are] or we aren't going to pay our short term debts. You think either of the four people above can get hyped about that? But over in the middle east history is happening, racial equality, women's lib, the right to get an education, riots, ideological clashes -- all that stuff is happening over there. Women are being stoned to death for seeing a penis, gay men, too, if you assume that at some point in some future these things will no longer be true, then you are saying that historical changes are afootxxxii as the old ways are replaced, and by ways I mean men. The #OWS demo wants to see powerful men humbled before the t-shirted, tweeting masses, it allows them the fantasy that it could some day happen here, which it won't because the propaganda worked.
Propaganda doesn't succeed because it is manipulative, it works because people WANT it, NEED it, it gives their life a direction and meaning and guards against change.xxxiii
Fans of AJA will probably attack me for being biased, but this accusation is silly. The whole point here is that the target demo for AJA is not smart, and I know this because no one smart would watch TV news.xxxiv If you are watching TV news, then you're not smart, this isn't me saying this, this is TV news predicting this: no one smart would ever ask another person, let alone the news, to explain to them how the news relates to them. TV news thinks you're as stupid as Time Magazine.
If anything, Al-Jazeera isn't the "Islamification" of the west, it is the westernization of the middle east.xxxv Al Jazeera reports in English, they have western values, and, most importantly, accept ads -- western style ads, i.e aspirational, not representational. The neocons couldn't have planned this better, someone should check to see if they didn't. Two months of Al Jazeera and this woman will turn to her then deceased husband in a moment of big picture clarity and say, "you know, they're not so different from us, they want the same things we want." Yes. Why do you think that is? Evolution?xxxvi
The news for Americans, especially Independents, lacks meaning, direction, ideology -- and they miss it, just like economically, they've been left behind. Now the news is artificial drama, just local crime stories blown up nationally, a natural disaster, the occasional Youtube video -- where's the Change, where are the upheavals, where are the riot police? We don't have political riots here, we have high end sit ins near the Broadway Starbucks, and occasionally 20 motorcycles will attack a minivan. "Is 'motorcycle' code?" That's where we are right now, this is what the media has trained you for, detecting racism or hypocrisy or some other character flaw in the speaker as a proxy for the complexities of the issues so you don't have to think. It is under these conditions that you expect John Boehner to "compromise" on something you don't at all understand, and scream for his beheading if he doesn't, all to the thrill of the media. "See! TLP is a right wing zealot!" See, you're stupid. And boy oh boy do I have the news network for you.———
- I'm stuck using the dude's original tiny stamp, because it is fucking impossible to find an exact copy of that image, because the artificially ''intelligent'' piles of crap beleaguering the thinking man on all sides are so fucking excited to have recognized the banal (uh oh, it's boehner!!!) that there's no talking to them anymore. The whole thing recalls to mind that Dexter's Laboratory episode where, having had enough of the dog's insistent if pointless attempts at communicating it fed it a literacy pill -- only to discover the dog's a dog because that's what it is, not because nobody thought of feeding it the English language in pill form yet. [↩]
- Even better : what happens when you realise "inexplicably" idiotic non-events from a decade ago were really much more akin to a dry-run for pretty much the same idiotic bulshit today, somehow meanwhile blown up to incomprehensible scale ?
Those fucktards also closed down the parks, did they not ? Because hurr, what the fuck was it ? A transparent exercise in "look how important we are, please believe", yes ? [↩]
- This is a wink and a nod to an anachronistic activity males in the author's time still nominally engaged in, whereby they'd gather together to figure out the situation at hand and decide for their women and children. [↩]
- This incidentally is an excellent point and a rather important observation. How come actual governments can only close once, but this "democracy" cancer has been rotting away human hope and human potential seemingly forever ?
As debatable as that "seemingly forever" may ring, definitively looms as a distinct possibility, at least according to a certain prophet :
Human productivity will never recover ; 2000-something, whichever it was, marks a (likely permanent) high mark in human activity. Sure, contrary pretense may be put forth, even defended for a while. Perhaps robotization may fill the slack such that nominally Earth productivity will one day surpass that. Human productivity however never will, which is the greater point here : the relevancy of individual humans to this world, to human affairs, to human society, economy, etcetera, is gone. There was an event horizon, apparently, nobody fucking realised this, it would seem, nevertheless sometime between 2019 and 2020 it was crossed and... well, again : likely permanently. Nothing you do nenceforth (like henceforth but in the negative) matters in any substantial sense, because between fake science and very real social dissolution humanity has meanwhile lost the ability to matter in the world or mean anything to itself.
- This is a wink and a nod at how the beer the men in the above footnote drank as some sort of symbol of their putative office is just alt-flavoured soda, and so, vehehehery gingerly it is implied that maybe their office ain't what it used to be also.
How delicate the pseudo-males get, huh! [↩]
- This, combined with a very banal observation of the married woman, that it is exceedingly easy to remove political obstacles in the household by simply demanding to see the kids' report cards, produced the 1980s "libertarian party". The thing lived essentially as a collection of middle aged, middle class, mostly white suburbia-dwelling women who, having independently noticed that recourse to accountancy wonderfully silences the kids, and the husband, proceeded to apply it to local government. As they found each other they ineffectually attempted to scale up their meager discoveries, but unfortunately for them their winds scaled on a tight logarithmic whereas the defenses of the socialist-democratic behemoth scaled on a loose exponential, and so by the mid-90s their nautical nutshell was done as a going concern (even if, nothing if not stubborn, some kept trying for a decade or thereabouts).
This, of course, was the age of gopher, and actually competent, actually skilled females in the workforce cut out of the cloth of that Admiral chick. Nowadays the same impulse produces mere Karens out of the barely-literate, practically mongoloid Vickis of America. [↩]
- The poor little frail gals -- and I know this first hand, for having been very much right fucking there, as per usual with me -- were nevertheless quite disproportionately influential, and while Ballas is right in identifying their overpowering effect upon the media, wherein pretty much everything that non-Trilema even is today entirely consists of the substance of fearing them and hating them, like everything a wolfsangel or a roundworm are is driven by the overwhelming mammal they parasitize and naught else, the contemporary wank of pseudoscientific dedication to "Science" derives from exactly the same source. It is naught but exactly that : the scab built by the body politic over the round hole these chicks' spear left in it. Except, of course, calling it "a body" tends to imply that it had other shit going on, it was otherwise engaged when pierced ; but this implication is not factual. Rather, much like once the wolves start howling in the night the blacksmith might take a scythe and beat it into the Z shape, just so once they started showing up at townhall meetings the tardsmith beat the state into the presently observable shape. Fear, and loathing, and scant else besides.
- This, amusingly enough, is what I used to believe ; and as I believed so I did. Not anymore, though, for months now.
The problem starts when overbearing yet overarching, spuriously self-perpetuating and automatically expanding complexity (such as for instance manifested in contemporary cars, or anything else) encounters progressively less able, less active, less qualified and capable and therefore less "opressed by the violence of capitalism" and "burdened by colonialism" -- ultimately, less human humans. Like the lovable, loving schmucks befouling Costa Rica, among whom I'd have to find a car mechanic, if I seriously intend to give my pulling over any kind of fixing follow-up.
They're not capable of anything such as maintenance, you see. I'd say "here", but (on the basis of actual experimental work) I very much doubt the problem is localized. If you're currently finding yourself in a bubble where the foregoing yet doesn't hold true, worry yourself not -- it certainly will soon enough. Frankfurt also seemed like a city, and stood like a city, for abundant centuries before the deskilling gutted it like were a rotting catfish, in what seems subjectively quite like the blink of an eye even though my calendar informs me it exceeded a decade. Nothing can long survive "speeds much more important to us", once you take rape out of the classroom there's scarcely any point to pretend you'll ever see hot water or purpose-made flooring ever again.
And so no, I no longer so believe, and as I don't believe I don't do. Experience has shown it is cheaper (merely cheaper in money ; it is however much cheaper in time and energy) to simply buy the car, drive it until it fails, at which point shrug, abandon it on the side of the road and buy another one than it is to attempt to maintain, fix or otherwise interact sanely with the byproducts of insanity and through the tools of insanity. Insanity breeds insanity, and the pincer movement of ever more elaborate pretense put forth by ever less worthy morons is perfectly capable of cracking any wise nut'll ever grow anywhere. So I went through two Mercedeses and a BMW in the past six months, and... fuck'all, if I ever meet a competent car mechanic at some future point I'll simply hang him by the guts of the last competent car design specialist. Because they should've been there, to live and die with the Republic, back when the Republic still lived. What the fuck else did could've been expected ? [↩]
- "The media" in his very televisual understanding has a serious problem : explanations need the whole tree, whereas the "stop anytime, start anytime" paradigm of TV is exactly counter-alligned to this. There's a reason you're not allowed to talk in class, and that reason is -- what the teacher's saying now progresses from what he's been saying a minute ago, and builds the basis for what he'll be saying a minute from now. If you break the tower it has to be started over, your talking in class doesn't carve out of other people's time merely the length of your talking, as when monkeys talk over each other ; it actually ruins the entire effort of everyone else who had been following along, you very well can, with a well delivered three second interruption, destroy the half hour labour of dozens of people. What's infinitely worse : the reason they even engage in the complex, demanding, laborious and time-consuming activity of directed tower building is faith, pure and unadulterated, they're crediting the theory that their labour will bear fruit. If you fuck it up, you don't merely fuck up the instant case, but you also significantly deter any future engagement in the behaviour. In other words, all it takes is one monkey going to class to render education strictly impossible. This is why the original Oxford, the thing that actually worked as opposed to the atroctios remnant left behind, was surrounded by fortified walls equipped with cannons.
Now imagine a classroom where people come and go, randomly, like say the train station. You see now why the only possible education in this paradigm is the "teacher" masturbating herself ? And why it'll be the faux sort of "you can't accuse her of not masturbating" masturbation ? What the fuck else's she to do, rub herself raw ?
It's not possible to have culture while any idiots are tolerated anywhere in sight just as it's not possible to have cleanliness with cockroaches, or civilisation with any involvement from anxious females. Not any, not any whatsoever at all. Now you know why demonstrated courage and generally valour have been systematically and throughout history the qualification for participation. Yes ? [↩]
- You know, amusingly enough Hitler was probably the foremost besserwisser of them all ?
Maybe that's why these people get so livid whenever daddy's in any sense mentioned ? Maybe their problem is they'd like to pretend they invented their own genes, rather than simply, blindly & incomprehendingly inherited them ? [↩]
- In fairness, that's precisely what "the media" told them the Senate wants from them. #PublicParticipation!
Remember, incidentally, that lulzy time when the French president took a-woman-other-than-his-wife to some social function, and the British press went livid over the "scandal" and "impropriety" etcetera, eventually culminating in the explicit threat to send a bus of "real" journalists over to Paris, to show those "incompetent" journalists from France "how journalism is really done" ? [↩]
You know ?
And, admitting you do : can you too afford to laugh at it with me ? Hm ? [↩]
- I am entirely unpersuaded by Ballas' ultimately deeply State-centric views. The various partisans on either "side" know very little, and understand even less. They, like everyone else in their said failure of an intellectual system, simply keep trying to find and buy the IBMs, those things "nobody can get fired for buying". This doesn't amount to any kind or degree of knowledge. [↩]
- The fundamental problem is that nobody involved wants anything concrete, they simply want representations to appear valid. The impasse is very similar to the freeze in gender relations around puberty : neither 13yo girls nor 15yo boys want anything specific -- they merely want to not appear ridiculous. By the time the girls are about to turn the nineteen to twenty they've been long wanting specific things to go with cildhood's nonsense, and so compromise is indeed very common. [↩]
- Actually, everything about this "public" is just as improvised. You, not benefitting of my luxurious circumstances, are probably unaware or deem it "plausibly deniable", but how about you get a good grip on some members of this general public (slavery works, for an instance) and then examine "their opinions" without allowing for any of the usual means of escape. You'll discover some incredibly shifting sands, a magical non-place populated by cvasi-things that aren't anything in particular, a dreamlike world wherein even the words change, move and twist to support the fudamentally impermanent, entirely unexamined and therefore utterly insubstantial "ideas" of the "personalities" in question. There's nothing the fuck there, just a jumbled pile-up of circumstantially accidental improvisations half-remembered at best. [↩]
- Amusingly, this has nothing to do with "the public". There's a recent "debate", if you can call it that, among "practitioners of statistics in different branches" as to whether "their statistics" is "applicable" to the other's business. As medieval as you'd like it, and "thought" in name only, very much not reserved to the imaginary layman, that proverbial "man in the street". They're all, equally so and exactly the same lay men. [↩]
- The amusing proposition of these demented fucks that they're not religious... What the fuck is religion besides this "it'd please baby Jesus" nonsense ?
Yes, they're very religiously unrefined, definitely, but a guy who adds instead of integrating isn't "not doing math", he's just doing the little math his little brain can support, that's all. [↩]
- One of these days I should probably translate ye olde Grup si identitate piece. Then again... [↩]
- Speaking of which, the recent habit of contemporary dimwits of presuming "a textbook" exists for any arbitrary field they dreamed up (and of course to presume themselves familiar with it etcetera) is really fucking insufferable to the point Ballas not doing that (however pointedly) is quite endearing. If I see one more "the book" I'm gonna fucken pook. [↩]
- Or rather : he'll adamantly "believe" that whatever the fuck actually happened will have been "the right thing", because otherwise what about all his "investment"t to date and, more importantly, whence's that trickle of credit to come from ? God knows the opposing side's not willing to give him any quarter, MP would much rather pluck his toes from their sockets and shove them one by one down his ears than advance a bowl of soup, and thus...
A most ridiculous position to find oneself, so so ripe for comedic exploitation... Imagine, if you will, the captive fucktard stuck believing whatever occured was the right thing! No commedia yet devised had such valuable stock character as that, because how could it ?!
They saved the sun from cold by wearing muzzles, these people, everybody knows! [↩]
- What is the substance of prophecy, in your book ? [↩]
- She god damned fucking will, and it would be amazing! [↩]
- Right ? The problem with the sea of idiocy is nothing else and naught besides the inconvenient circumstance of... the idiocy being unflattering to a given idiot's personal headfulla shit! If it were more attuned to her dumb empty head, if it were validating then all would be well. [↩]
- This is a major problem of "travel" and "social mobility" and etcetera ; it comes with major costs that, as it happens, will be paid by the offspring. Not everyone is capable of actually reconstructing an ideal Romania more authentic than the "real" Romania such as it supposedly "exists" (except it doesnt). In fact, most everyone isn't so capable. Thus, if you "opt" to stay the fuck home, and spawn your useless spawn with a similar partner, the result will at fucking least know what the fuck it is, and where, and what for! Whereas if you "opt" to fast-miscegenate post-gay America" you'll suck dick, which is bad enough, but your kid will suck zombie dick, which is even worse. You're writing checks drawn on your misfortunate children, like any good soviet, and the results ain't fucking pretty! [↩]
- This, incidentally, is besides flippant also howlingly inaccurate. I'd very much care to hear it, for instance, weren't my parents such utterly useless fucktards as could readily be approximated by plush stuffies. The problem in any case is almost never disinterest -- it's always gross incompetence. Considering the usual interplay of reversal to the mean and all that, I readily grant a set of children and parents that manage is exceedingly unlikely ; but that has entirely naught to do with disinterest, and everything to do with unmitigated, fundamental failure in either side (not on both sides though -- when that happens they're happy anon cowsies in their pasture). [↩]
- Where by explained trebuie sa intelegi "justified", of course. Explained as in excused, explained as in indemnified, that kinda "explained". [↩]
- Her equivalent three decades ago was way the fuck cooler, I'll tell you that. [↩]
- There's really no danger of converting this woman, or the dude she cohabits with, or any of their ilk, into anything whatsoever, secretly, overtly or any other way. They're done, forget about it. [↩]
- Today, in unexpected news nobody could have expected : socialism needs you to buy less meat. You know, just like yesterday. [↩]
- It's always funny to read the pompous opinions of they sinking just before the sinking became noticeable in a general, broad sense. The shit they say, and especially the shit they imply... [↩]
- Not to mention her innards. [↩]
- Generalized nationalization through the simple process of underwriting "debt" that isn't repaid seems just as historic. In fact, in any objective view the Middle East is as historically boring as a chunk of pumice. It's the West, actually, that's managing to shed centuries' worth of accumulated progress, reverting to a timeless, tepid Africa at an astonishing rate. I confess I always thought we have wings, and I confess it's shocking to discover the trajectory follows any other rock's. But if history is happening anywhere these past decades, it's happening in the lands of the erstwhile white man. [↩]
- Actually... patriarchy is a thing because nobody can really stomach the alternative. [↩]
- It is a lot like relying on GUIs, isn't it. [↩]
- No, actually, it's the sugarcoating of the africanization of the west. Sorta like writing "Welcom Hum Massah" on a plantation slave hut, such that the white man moving in "doesn't notice" he's moving into a plantation slave hut. [↩]
- Revolution, more like it. The "affluent" white people of 2030 will want for the exact same things poor africans have wanted for throughout history : loose shoes, tight pussy, and a warm place to shit in.
The usual miracleworking of socialism in any case, the "making everyone equal" by cutting off legs, the race to the lowest common denominator branded as "progress" etcetera. [↩]