141528 2/14/2008 21:22 08STATE15566 Secretary of State UNCLASSIFIED 08STATE14490|08STATE14563|08STATE14866 VZCZCXRO8621 OO RUEHAP DE RUEHC #5566/01 0452125 ZNR UUUUU ZZH O R 142122Z FEB 08 FM SECSTATE WASHDC TO RUEHAP/AMEMBASSY APIA IMMEDIATE 0998 RUEHAH/AMEMBASSY ASHGABAT IMMEDIATE 9159 RUEHTH/AMEMBASSY ATHENS IMMEDIATE 2300 RUEHRL/AMEMBASSY BERLIN IMMEDIATE 2108 RUEHSW/AMEMBASSY BERN IMMEDIATE 3556 RUEHSL/AMEMBASSY BRATISLAVA IMMEDIATE 7067 RUEHBM/AMEMBASSY BUCHAREST IMMEDIATE 8312 RUEHUP/AMEMBASSY BUDAPEST IMMEDIATE 3041 RUEHLM/AMEMBASSY COLOMBO IMMEDIATE 2878 RUEHCP/AMEMBASSY COPENHAGEN IMMEDIATE 8060 RUEHKA/AMEMBASSY DHAKA IMMEDIATE 8138 RUEHDL/AMEMBASSY DUBLIN IMMEDIATE 8754 RUEHHE/AMEMBASSY HELSINKI IMMEDIATE 9655 RUEHIL/AMEMBASSY ISLAMABAD IMMEDIATE 1924 RUEHBUL/AMEMBASSY KABUL IMMEDIATE 2251 RUEHKT/AMEMBASSY KATHMANDU IMMEDIATE 0319 RUEHKV/AMEMBASSY KYIV IMMEDIATE 5285 RUEHLI/AMEMBASSY LISBON IMMEDIATE 5317 RUEHLJ/AMEMBASSY LJUBLJANA IMMEDIATE 4650 RUEHLO/AMEMBASSY LONDON IMMEDIATE 5003 RUEHMD/AMEMBASSY MADRID IMMEDIATE 7952 RUEHMO/AMEMBASSY MOSCOW IMMEDIATE 7897 RUEHNE/AMEMBASSY NEW DELHI IMMEDIATE 5739 RUEHNY/AMEMBASSY OSLO IMMEDIATE 5363 RUEHFR/AMEMBASSY PARIS IMMEDIATE 7092 RUEHPG/AMEMBASSY PRAGUE IMMEDIATE 7480 RUEHRK/AMEMBASSY REYKJAVIK IMMEDIATE 8221 RUEHRA/AMEMBASSY RIGA IMMEDIATE 9501 RUEHRO/AMEMBASSY ROME IMMEDIATE 4870 RUEHVJ/AMEMBASSY SARAJEVO IMMEDIATE 8011 RUEHSF/AMEMBASSY SOFIA IMMEDIATE 0471 RUEHSM/AMEMBASSY STOCKHOLM IMMEDIATE 4504 RUEHTL/AMEMBASSY TALLINN IMMEDIATE 5486 RUEHSI/AMEMBASSY TBILISI IMMEDIATE 6745 RUEHTC/AMEMBASSY THE HAGUE IMMEDIATE 1123 RUEHVI/AMEMBASSY VIENNA IMMEDIATE 4040 RUEHVL/AMEMBASSY VILNIUS IMMEDIATE 9182 RUEHWR/AMEMBASSY WARSAW IMMEDIATE 0050 RUEHBS/USEU BRUSSELS IMMEDIATE INFO RHEHAAA/WHITE HOUSE WASHINGTON DC 3048 RHEHNSC/NSC WASHINGTON DC 9713 RUCPDOC/USDOC WASHINGTON DC 3794 RUEHRC/DEPT OF AGRICULTURE WASHINGTON DC UNCLAS SECTION 01 OF 02 STATE 015566
SIPDIS BANGKOK FOR FOR REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER JIM WALLER BUDAPEST FOR REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER SAM KOTIS COPENHAGEN FOR REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER ERIK HALL SUVA FOR REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER JOE MURPHY SUVA PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR REO INFO ONLY
E.O. 12958: N/A TAGS: EAID, ENRG, EPET, KGHG, KPAO, KSCA, OPDC, SENV, SOCI, TRGY, XB, XG SUBJECT: SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR POST FOLLOW-UP ON FORMAL INVITATIONS TO ATTEND THE WASHINGTON INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RENEWABLE ENERGY (WIREC) MARCH 4-6, 2008
REF: A) STATE 14866 B) STATE 14563 C) STATE 14490 D)
STATE 14252 E) STATE 13442 F) STATE 563 G) STATE 559 H) STATE 521 I) 07 STATE 138428 J) 07 STATE 80334
Note: Because of the large number of action addressees for this cable, Department is sending three duplicate cables, the first to AF and WHA posts (septel), the second to EUR and SCA posts (this cable) and the thrid to EAP and NEA posts (septel).
1. This is an action request. Action request in para 4.
2. The U.S. State Department will host the Washington International Renewable Energy Conference (WIREC 2008) in Washington on March 4-6, 2008 (refs I and J). Addressee posts have received formal invitations for official delegations from their host governments (refs A - H) and by now should have delivered these invitations and confirmed that via reply cable. We thank the many posts who have done so, and urge the remaining posts to send their reply cables immediately. Reply cables should be slugged for OES WIREC Action Group Leader Stan Specht and OES Special Assistant Camille Hill.
3. Although a few invited governments have followed the instructions in refs I and J and registered the individual members of their officials delegations, most have not done so. These individual registrations are the key step in preparing the credentials for the official delegations which will allow them to enter the WIREC site. With WIREC now only two weeks away, we are in urgent need of Posts' assistance to follow-up with host governments and ensure that they register the members of their official
STATE 00015566 002 OF 002
4. Posts are requested to follow up with their host governments as soon as possible to urge each member of their delegations to submit their individual registration forms on an urgent basis to confirm their attendance at WIREC 2008 and enable expeditious credentialing of the delegation. Official delegates may register for the conference via the internet at http:// www.usea.org/WIREC/official party registration pub 0001.pdf. They can also contact our contractor who is handling registration for WIREC: Rob Donovan, US Energy Association (USEA) at office direct line: 202-312-1238 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to submit registration information by email.
POCs FOR QUESTIONS
5. Rob Donovan (contact info in para 4) is the POC for questions on registration and credentialing for WIREC. For additional general information about WIREC 2008, contact OES' WIREC Action Group Leader Stan Specht at SpechtSH@state.gov and consult the official WIREC website at www.wirec2008.gov.
6. Minimize considered. RICE